Welcome to the Bittersweet Farms employment area. Our organization values development, partnership, respect, safety, and reliability. If these values are similar to your own, we may have the right job opportunity for you! We are looking for motivated, mature individuals who are interested in working in a uniquely challenging--yet extremely rewarding--position. While it may be advantageous, it is not necessary to have direct experience serving individuals with autism. Interested candidates should, however, already possess the work ethic and compassion required for this type of environment. Year-round outdoor and physical activity is an important part of our philosophy. Applicants should be able to lift 50 lbs. and hike up to five miles. We invite you to check our website frequently, as job openings are posted as they become available. To apply for a position, please complete our application for employment.
Direct Support Professionals (All Locations)
Bittersweet is seeking employees to work as Direct Support Professionals to help enrich lives and make a difference while providing you with a valuable work experience. Direct Support Professionals teach, mentor and positively impact the lives of individuals with disabilities through skills development in horticulture, culinary activities, janitorial work, our creative art department, and much more!
Come join our participants in their daily activities ranging from vocational and educational training, home care, community activities, recreation, and a wide range of other activities and adventures.
Part-Time DSP - Lima, Ohio
Bittersweet is seeking a part time employee to help enrich lives and make a difference. Direct Support Professionals help educate, mentor and positively impact the lives of individuals in Lima, Ohio. No experience necessary; paid training provided.
- Starting wage from $9.40-$10.40 per hour based upon experience, and education with the potential to earn an additional $1.00 per hour within one year.
- First shift position working less than 24 hours/week
- Enjoy hiking and other community trips while providing life skills to individuals with autism
Accounting and Billing Specialist
We are seeking candidates for a full time Accounting Specialist. The Accounting Specialist performs a variety of general accounting and administrative support tasks including: handling the accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit card and petty cash processes; verifying and entering client contract and billing detail and completing billing, posting and collection processes; assisting with transactions and maintaining account journals in support of the monthly close process; answering phones, filing, and other general office support as needed. All tasks and interactions are to be performed while practicing and demonstrating Bittersweet’s Core Values of Respect, Help First, Empathy, Achieve Together and Learn and Grow.
- In depth computer knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, accounting software and supplier internet applications.
- Three plus years of accounting training and/or experience.
- An Associate’s degree or higher with a focus in finance or accounting is preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Treat all confidential information as such and safeguard it appropriately
- Assume front desk responsibilities as backup to Administrative Assistant in Administrative Assistant’s absence
- Responsible for distributing credit cards for purchases
- Post credit card purchases and reconcile credit card statements
- Post and process Accounts Payable
- Prepare and process Miscellaneous Accounts Receivable invoices
- Enter deposits into the accounting software
- Create Day Hab and NMT billing spreadsheets for import into the accounting software for billing
- Assist the Finance Director with month-end reports
- Enter client contract detail and complete billing process
- Create and update accounting forms along with providing input on policies and procedures as necessary
- Accurately perform imports and exports from one software application to another.
- The right person will need strong organizational, customer service and confidentiality skills with a strong focus on detail and accuracy. Candidates must be competent with the Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as have experience with accounting based software.