Welcome to the Bittersweet Farms employment area. Our organization values development, partnership, respect, safety, and reliability. If these values are similar to your own, we may have the right job opportunity for you! We are looking for motivated, mature individuals who are interested in working in a uniquely challenging--yet extremely rewarding--position. While it may be advantageous, it is not necessary to have direct experience serving individuals with autism. Interested candidates should, however, already possess the work ethic and compassion required for this type of environment. Year-round outdoor and physical activity is an important part of our philosophy. Applicants should be able to lift 50 lbs. and hike up to five miles. We invite you to check our website frequently, as job openings are posted as they become available. To apply for a position, please complete our application for employment.
Direct Support Professionals (All Locations)
Bittersweet is seeking employees to work as Direct Support Professionals to help enrich lives and make a difference while providing you with a valuable work experience. Direct Support Professionals teach, mentor and positively impact the lives of individuals with disabilities through skills development in horticulture, culinary activities, janitorial work, our creative art department, and much more!
Come join our participants in their daily activities ranging from vocational and educational training, home care, community activities, recreation, and a wide range of other activities and adventures.
Part-Time LPN / RN
Help us redefine what is possible with Autism. Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism in Whitehouse, OH.
Bittersweet is seeking Part Time and Per Diem LPN’sand RN’s to help enrich lives and make a difference on our nursing team.
Candidates should have strong critical thinking skills, the ability to work independently, and possess a positive work ethic with patience, compassion, and flexibility required in a facility serving those with developmental disabilities. The part time position will require up to 20 hours per week to include a weekend rotation and per diem nurses work two shifts per month following new hire orientation.
Please complete an online application on our website at www.bittersweetfarms.org., fax to 419-875-5593, or call our Recruiting Specialist at (419) 875-6986 x1279 with any questions.
We are seeking candidates for a full time Facilities Coordinator with a base of operations in Whitehouse, Ohio. Responsibilities for this position include:
- Managing the operations, planning, construction projects, maintenance of equipment, machinery, phone system, and the upkeep of the buildings and facilities of Bittersweet.
- Maintain the facilities at our Whitehouse, Pemberville and Lima locations at a level to meet or surpass all relevant Medicaid, OSHA, fire and building codes and standards.
- Administrative tasks include reporting, budgeting, contracts and liability paperwork, work orders and record management.
- Provide 24 hour “on call” emergency maintenance as needed
The right candidate will have experience in maintenance management required. Experience in and knowledge of electrical, plumbing repairs, HVAC, building construction and general maintenance operations. Good interpersonal skills, communication skills and ability to be a team leader and team player. Ability to lead, manage and hold subordinate staff accountable. Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office, internet and ability to manage maintenance related software programs. Valid driver’s license along with eligibility to be insured and accessibility to a vehicle. High School diploma or G.E.D required.
Benefits and Finance Specialist
Bittersweet is seeking a Benefits and Finance Specialist. This full time position will perform a variety of general accounting, payroll, employee benefits, and administrative support tasks. Responsibilities for the position include:
- Responsible for benefit enrollment in medical, dental, vision, life, STD, HSA and 401K, benefit terminations and changes in coverage for all staff
- Track eligibility and elections accordingly in compliance with ACA regulations
- Process enrollment, invoices and compiling reports related to benefit accounts and plans
- Responsible for handling the accounts receivable, petty cash and various financial reports to assist in monthly close
- Accurately perform payroll responsibilities including the administration of the timekeeping system, compiling and entering data, pay raises and retro calculations
- Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts, and submit to appropriate departments
- Assist leadership and staff with benefit and payroll related questions
- Answering phones, filing, and other general office support as needed
The right candidate will need strong organizational, analytical, communication, customer service and problem solving skills, with an ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively in order to succeed. Qualified candidates will possess in depth Microsoft Office knowledge to include Excel, Word, and Outlook. Payroll and accounting software experience a plus. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or Accounting required.
Seasonal Direct Support Professionals
Bittersweet is seeking seasonal summer employees to work as Direct Support Professionals in Whitehouse to help enrich lives and make a difference while providing you with a valuable work experience.
Direct Support Professionals help educate, mentor and positively impact the lives of individuals with autism in our Whitehouse location. No experience necessary; paid training provided and the potential for continued employment after summer months if desired. Must be 18 years of age to apply with a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Summer employees will attend orientation in either May or June.
• Starting wage from $9.40-$10.40 per hour based upon experience, with the potential to earn an additional $1.00 per hour within one year.
• Additional $0.40/hour paid for evenings, nights & weekends
• Flexible scheduling
Day Program Director
We are seeking a full time Day Program Director for Bittersweet Farms located in Whitehouse and Lima, OH. Responsibilities for the position include:
- Oversee all operations in Day Programs and Summer Enrichment Camps to ensure efficient management of all County and State funding systems
- Oversee all Quality Assurance checks and submission of Behavior Support Documentation to the County Board
- Work to support individuals utilizing Employment First
- Oversee Bittersweet Farms product management, culinary programs, and Community Supported Agriculture program
The right person will need a positive, energetic, “can do” attitude as the Day Program Director. Strong organizational, analytical, communication and problem solving skills are needed to succeed. Qualified candidates will possess technical competence in the areas of program development and management, behavioral health care planning and delivery, project design, management and outcome evaluation. Ability to travel between Whitehouse and Lima, OH required. Three to five years of experience working with individuals with autism and/or developmental disabilities required. Master’s Degree preferred, Bachelor’s Degree required.
seeking a Development Assistant to support our Development Director to plan, develop, and maintain a comprehensive fund-raising program. The Development Assistant will provide support essential to the daily functioning and success of the development department including:
- Implementation of the comprehensive development program and associated marketing strategies
- Plan, manage, and execute donor recognition events, employee appreciation events, and other events as requested
- Identify, define, and acquire funding resources available
- Assist with seeking new corporate/foundation funding sources and maintain relationships with current/past donors in conjunction with Development Director
- Coordination of volunteer opportunities
- Develop strategies for and coordinate all fund-raising activities at Bittersweet in keeping with organization goals.
- Maintain contact with organization’s staff regarding programs and plans
- Maintain and update communication channels (websites, mass mailings, etc)
- Maintain knowledge about the external environment as it relates to organizations that serve individuals with developmental disabilities
- Perform related development activities/efforts at the request of the Development Director
The right candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Must have 1-3 years of experience with non-profit Development, good customer service skills, ability to multi-task, problem-solve, have excellent attention to detail, good organizational skills, and the ability to work as a team is required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and donor management system preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license with eligibility to be insured.