Welcome to the Bittersweet Farms employment area. Our organization values development, partnership, respect, safety, and reliability. If these values are similar to your own, we may have the right job opportunity for you! We are looking for motivated, mature individuals who are interested in working in a uniquely challenging--yet extremely rewarding--position. While it may be advantageous, it is not necessary to have direct experience serving individuals with autism. Interested candidates should, however, already possess the work ethic and compassion required for this type of environment. Year-round outdoor and physical activity is an important part of our philosophy. Applicants should be able to lift 50 lbs. and hike up to five miles. We invite you to check our website frequently, as job openings are posted as they become available. To apply for a position, please complete our application for employment.
Direct Support Professionals (All Locations)
We have full-time and part-time positions with flexible schedules on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts available at our Whitehouse, Pemberville, and Middletown locations. Join our participants in their daily activities ranging from vocational and educational training, home care, community activities, recreation, and a wide range of other activities and adventures. These are great opportunities for college students and anyone who wants experience working with individuals with disabilities and for those who want a meaningful position to supplement their income.
Bittersweet offers a $0.40 shift differential for 2nd, 3rd, and weekend shifts. We also offer flexible scheduling and 11 paid holidays.
Read why employees love working at Bittersweet.
Development Assistant - Whitehouse, Ohio
We are currently seeking a part-time Development Assistant to support our Development Director and Executive Director. The Development Assistant will provide support essential to the daily functioning and success of the development department including:
- Attending and record keeping for board meetings
- Act at the front-line of communication with donors and prospective donors through phone, email and in-person contact
- Processing mass mailings
- Proof reading publications for Donors
- Maintain financial contributions through a donor management system
- Maintain communication with Media
- Other duties as assigned
The right candidate will have good customer service skills, the ability to multi-task, problem solve, and the ability to work in a team.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, donor management systmes or similar data baseses
• Strong attention to detail
Community Outreach Coordinator - Whitehouse, Ohio
We are currently seeking a part-time Community Outreach Coordinator (COS) to oversee recreational programs offered in the Northwest Ohio area. The COS is responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of Friday Night Fun and Social Living Club, community based programs for teens with autism. This includes ensuring proper assessment, coordination, teaching & training, delivery, documentation, and analysis is taking place.
The COS may also be requested to present informational presentations given as requested by various organizations within the community.
• Participant health and safety, rights, & dignity
• Individual participant growth and development (Physical, educational, social, emotional)
• Community building, integration, & Adherence to governing rules and regulations
• Community Enrichment staff growth and development
• Contributory involvement in team process (including communication and collaboration with the individuals and their guardian/family members)
• Maintaining integrity of BSF philosophy, service quality, and public relations
• Fiscal efficiency
• Organization of required resources (material & personnel)
Hours: 12per week, hourly, non-exempt.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• One to Three years experience as a DSP
• One to Two years of related experience (leadership, activity planning, scheduling)
Director of Nursing - Whitehouse, Ohio
We are currently seeking a full time Director of Nursing to oversee our nursing team. The Director of Nursing will manager the health and well being of our ICF residents and day program participants.
Additional responsibilities include:
○ Medication oversight of residents
○ Supervises nursing staff including scheduling to assure resident needs and regulatory and budgetary standards are met
○ Oversight of delegated nursing training for our staff
○ Maintain compliance with all governing regulations for an ICF, including Medicaid and Lucas County Board of DD
○ Collecting and reviewing all Incident Reports, as well as, addressing any medical issues
○ Proactively develop employee relations and recognition programs to include health and wellness and flu shots
○ ADN required; BSN preferred
○ Current Ohio RN license required.
○ Three years experience in nursing administration or a comparable management position.
○ CPR/ AED/ First Aid Certificate
○ Must be flexible to meet nursing coverage and available on an "on call" basis
○ Candidates should have strong critical thinking skills, possess a positive work ethic with patience, compassion, and flexibility required in an environment serving those with developmental disabilities.
Part Time or Per Diem RN/LPN
We are seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse or RN to work days, evenings and every other weekend on a part time or per diem basis. The candidate must have an Ohio LPN license with a minimum of one year of nursing experience with the ability to work independently. Additional hours available through work as a Direct Support Professional.
We are seeking a DSP Manager to oversee all employee relations, employee schedules and human resources functions within the ICF Residential program. This position will provide back up to the ICF Coordinator in his/her absence. Based upon the individual’s needs, the employee may be required to train during hours which vary from their normal schedule.
● Preveous experience supporting individuals with developmental disabilites highly desired
● Valid driver’s license and the eligibility to be insured
● Must pass criminal background requirements of position
● Requires exceptional oral communication and organizational skills
● Must be flexible
● Computer knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Data Plus, Care Tracker and DODD MSS
● Ability to facilitate a positive team approach
● Must possess a high degree of integrity and confidentiality
● Must posses skills and ability to work with a diverse population and develop positive relationships with individuals, staff, individuals from other organizations and any other persons related to the clients
● Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in experience
● Experience working direct support with individuals with Autism and/or other developmental disabilities
● Supervisory experience required.