Welcome to the Bittersweet Farms employment area. Our organization values development, partnership, respect, safety, and reliability. If these values are similar to your own, we may have the right job opportunity for you! We are looking for motivated, mature individuals who are interested in working in a uniquely challenging--yet extremely rewarding--position. While it may be advantageous, it is not necessary to have direct experience serving individuals with autism. Interested candidates should, however, already possess the work ethic and compassion required for this type of environment. Year-round outdoor and physical activity is an important part of our philosophy. Applicants should be able to lift 50 lbs. and hike up to five miles. We invite you to check our website frequently, as job openings are posted as they become available. To apply for a position, please complete our application for employment.
Direct Support Professionals (All Locations)
We have full-time and part-time positions with flexible schedules on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts available at our Whitehouse, Pemberville, and Middletown locations. Join our participants in their daily activities ranging from vocational and educational training, home care, community activities, recreation, and a wide range of other activities and adventures. These are great opportunities for college students and anyone who wants experience working with individuals with disabilities and for those who want a meaningful position to supplement their income.
Bittersweet offers a $0.40 shift differential for 2nd, 3rd, and weekend shifts. We also offer flexible scheduling and 11 paid holidays.
Read why employees love working at Bittersweet.
Administrative Assistant - Whitehouse, Ohio
This position performs a wide-range of administrative and clerical duties, including but not be limited to: answering phones, receiving and directing visitors, coordinating the flow of incoming and outgoing mail, filing, ordering supplies, making travel and meeting arrangements, preparing correspondence and reports, attending and taking minutes at Board Meetings, assisting with the recruiting process, and other general office support functions.
Interested applicants will need strong organizational and interpersonal skills, the ability to process data entry quickly and accurately, the ability to handle confidential information, and be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel. A two-year degree in office administration or comparable experiences is preferred.
Part Time or Per Diem RN
We are seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse or RN to work days, evenings and every other weekend on a part time or per diem basis. The candidate must have an Ohio LPN license with a minimum of one year of nursing experience with the ability to work independently. Additional hours available through work as a Direct Support Professional.
DSP Staffing Manager
We are seeking a DSP Staffing Manager to oversee all employee relations, employee schedules and human resources functions within the ICF Residential program. This position will provide back up to the ICF Coordinator in his/her absence. Based upon the individual’s needs, the employee may be required to train during hours which vary from their normal schedule.
● Preveous experience supporting individuals with developmental disabilites highly desired
● Valid driver’s license and the eligibility to be insured
● Must pass criminal background requirements of position
● Requires exceptional oral communication and organizational skills
● Must be flexible
● Computer knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Data Plus, Care Tracker and DODD MSS
● Ability to facilitate a positive team approach
● Must possess a high degree of integrity and confidentiality
● Must posses skills and ability to work with a diverse population and develop positive relationships with individuals, staff, individuals from other organizations and any other persons related to the clients
● Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in experience
● Experience working direct support with individuals with Autism and/or other developmental disabilities
● Supervisory experience required.