Welcome to the Bittersweet Farms employment area. Our organization values development, partnership, respect, safety, and reliability. If these values are similar to your own, we may have the right job opportunity for you! We are looking for motivated, mature individuals who are interested in working in a uniquely challenging--yet extremely rewarding--position. While it may be advantageous, it is not necessary to have direct experience serving individuals with autism. Interested candidates should, however, already possess the work ethic and compassion required for this type of environment. Year-round outdoor and physical activity is an important part of our philosophy. Applicants should be able to lift 50 lbs. and hike up to five miles. We invite you to check our website frequently, as job openings are posted as they become available. To apply for a position, please complete our application for employment.
Direct Support Professionals (All Locations)
Bittersweet is seeking employees to work as Direct Support Professionals to help enrich lives and make a difference while providing you with a valuable work experience. Direct Support Professionals teach, mentor and positively impact the lives of individuals with disabilities through skills development in horticulture, culinary activities, janitorial work, our creative art department, and much more!
Come join our participants in their daily activities ranging from vocational and educational training, home care, community activities, recreation, and a wide range of other activities and adventures.
Part-Time DSP - Lima, Ohio
Bittersweet is seeking a part time employee to help enrich lives and make a difference. Direct Support Professionals help educate, mentor and positively impact the lives of individuals in Lima, Ohio. No experience necessary; paid training provided.
- Starting wage from $9.40-$10.40 per hour based upon experience, and education with the potential to earn an additional $1.00 per hour within one year.
- First shift position working less than 24 hours/week
- Enjoy hiking and other community trips while providing life skills to individuals with autism
Director of Development
We are seeking a full time Director of Development; with the appropriate experience and performance record, part time approaches will be considered. This position is responsible for managing the Bittersweet, Inc. /Bittersweet Autism Foundation, Inc. fundraising programs including the planning, developing, and oversight of the development office.
Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree a plus. The right person will need excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, grant writing experience, initiative, flexibility, public speaking and supervisory skills to succeed.
This position is part of the management team, reporting directly to the Executive Director.
• Create annual development goals
• Initiate, cultivate, and nurture donors and prospects
• Build and expand individual donors
• Create new opportunities for donors to support Bittersweet, Inc.
• Organize the annual fund campaign
• Increase the corporate donor program
• Have the ability to solicit major gifts
• Have strong writing skills and be able to prepare grant packages
• Work with Bittersweet Autism Foundation board members
• Oversee marketing, including social media, public relations and volunteer program
Director of Program Services
Three to five years of experience working with individuals with autism and/or developmental disabilities required. Qualified candidates will possess technical competence in the areas of program development and management, behavioral health care planning and delivery, and project design, management and outcome evaluation. A minimum of three years’ supervisory experience required. Master’s Degree strongly preferred, Bachelor’s Degree required.
We are seeking a full-time Director of Program Services to oversee programs in all of our locations, with a base of operation Whitehouse, Ohio. Responsibilities for the position include:
Overseeing all services in our Lima, Pemberville and Whitehouse locations, including residential (waiver & ICF/IDD), adult day/supported employment, respite, summer enrichment, and consultative services.
Development and management of program leadership and their respective teams, optimizing performance through effective mentoring, leadership and training
Policy and Procedure creation and enforcement across all programs
Budget/fiscal management and oversight
Regulatory policy and, advocacy, training, and compliance to ensure compliance across all programs
Director of Nursing
We are currently seeking a full time Director of Nursing to oversee our nursing team at our Whitehouse, OH location. ADN required; BSN preferred. Current Ohio RN license required. Candidates should have strong critical thinking skills, possess a positive work ethic with patience, compassion, and flexibility required in an environment serving those with developmental disabilities.
This position will be responsible for overseeing the health, nutrition and medical care of residents as well as supervising the nursing staff. Duties will also include: oversight of delegated nursing training for our staff, manage health status on all residents, collaborate with Medical Director, physicians, pharmacists, community agencies and other parties to improve the quality of services and to resolve identified issues, and maintain compliance with all governing regulations for an ICF, including Medicaid and Lucas County Board of DD.
Community Outreach Coordinator
We are currently seeking a part-time Community Outreach Coordinator (COS) to oversee recreational programs offered in the Northwest Ohio area. The COS is responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of Friday Night Fun and Social Living Club, community based programs for teens and adults with autism. This includes ensuring proper assessment, coordination, teaching & training, delivery, documentation, and analysis is taking place. The COS also serves to assure quality within all areas of activities by knowing and applying, as well as teaching and addressing infractions and other barriers to successful outcomes as they arise. The COS may also be requested to present informational presentations given as requested by various organizations within the community.
- Participant health and safety, rights, & dignity
- Individual participant growth and development (Physical, educational, social, emotional)
- Community building, integration, & Adherence to governing rules and regulations
- Community Enrichment staff growth and development
- Contributory involvement in team process (including communication and collaboration with the individuals and their guardian/family members)
- Maintaining integrity of BSF philosophy, service quality, and public relations
- Fiscal efficiency
- Organization of required resources (material & personnel)
Hours: 14 per week, hourly, non-exempt.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• One to Three years experience as a DSP
• One to Two years of related experience (leadership, activity planning, scheduling)
We are currently seeking a part-time Marketing and Social Media Intern to oversee the marketing, communications, and social media at our Whitehouse, OH location. This is a temporary, paid position, lasting from October through January.
Candidates should have a strong background in social media management, content creation, and external marketing/communications. The ideal candidate will possess a positive work ethic with patience, compassion, and flexibility required in an environment serving those with developmental disabilities.
The Marketing and Social Media Intern will be responsible for all external communications (including media relations), social media management, and content creation.
Duties will include:
- Overseeing all social media management
- Creating and updating content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Includes the ability to use a professional camera and graphic design program (InDesign experienced preferred) to create content that meets the Bittersweet branding standards
- Creating and updating content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Monitoring analytics and social conversations
- Responding to customer inquiries
- Updating the Bittersweet website as needed
- Creating and updating Bittersweet marketing materials as needed
- Writing and updating Bittersweet press releases
- Includes coordinating stories with the local media outlets
- Updating weekly internal marketing updates
- Creating and sending out monthly e-newsletters to constituents
- Upholding and maintaining the Bittersweet Branding Standards