Welcome to the Bittersweet Farms employment area. Our organization values development, partnership, respect, safety, and reliability. If these values are similar to your own, we may have the right job opportunity for you! We are looking for motivated, mature individuals who are interested in working in a uniquely challenging--yet extremely rewarding--position. While it may be advantageous, it is not necessary to have direct experience serving individuals with autism. Interested candidates should, however, already possess the work ethic and compassion required for this type of environment. Year-round outdoor and physical activity is an important part of our philosophy. Applicants should be able to lift 50 lbs. and hike up to five miles. We invite you to check our website frequently, as job openings are posted as they become available. To apply for a position, please complete our application for employment.
Direct Support Professionals (All Locations)
Bittersweet is seeking employees to work as Direct Support Professionals to help enrich lives and make a difference while providing you with a valuable work experience. Direct Support Professionals teach, mentor and positively impact the lives of individuals with disabilities through skills development in horticulture, culinary activities, janitorial work, our creative art department, and much more!
Come join our participants in their daily activities ranging from vocational and educational training, home care, community activities, recreation, and a wide range of other activities and adventures.
Bittersweet Farms, a world-renowned leader in serving adults and adolescents with autism located in Whitehouse, Ohio, is seeking a Housekeeping Specialist working first shift hours. This full time position will perform various housekeeping functions within the facilities of Bittersweet while assisting in the maintenance department as needed. Responsibilities Include:
- Provide an effective and operational schedule (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.,) on all housekeeping responsibilities to ensure cleanliness of all areas of Bittersweet including deep-cleaning projects and sanitizing in residential homes and office buildings
- General housekeeping duties will include cleaning floors, bathrooms, disinfecting, dusting, polishing, trash removal, laundry, furniture cleaning, windows, walls, doors, ceilings, kitchen area and appliances, carpets and other areas as identified
- Assisting the Facilities Coordinator with any maintenance projects/paperwork and perform preventative maintenance cleaning as requested
- Order and maintain housekeeping supply inventory
- Make rounds throughout the shift to ensure public areas are clean and tidy
- Meet and exceed housekeeping standards required for yearly state Medicaid/state inspections and health department inspections
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude toward co-workers, individuals served and visitors
The right candidate must have a High School Diploma or equivalent experience, one or more years of experience with housekeeping/janitorial related work preferred, ability to follow written and oral instruction, actively demonstrate computer skills in regard to Microsoft Office Suite, ability to operate a variety of household appliances and power equipment, ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds, positions self to bend, crouch, twist, stand for long periods of time and walk extensively.
Full benefit package offered including medical, dental, vision, life, 401K, short term disability, paid time off, paid holidays, cell phone discount and Employer Resource Network (ERN) assistance.
Please visit our website at www.bittersweetfarms.org to complete an application. You may email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax them to 419-875-5593, or mail them to Bittersweet, Inc., 12660 Archbold-Whitehouse Road, Whitehouse, OH 43571.
Day Program Staffing Manager
Bittersweet Farms, a world-renowned leader in serving adults and adolescents with autism located in Whitehouse, Ohio, is seeking a Day Program Staffing Manager to work to foster relationships with participants and staff by upholding dignity, respect and kindness. The Day Program Staffing Manager will work to recognize the unique qualities and needs of each individual with autism and address those needs appropriately.
A successful candidate will work to recognize the unique qualities and needs of each individual with autism and address those needs appropriately. The Day Program Manager is in direct supervision of up to 30 Direct Support Professionals in addition to the general supervision of the Day Program.
- Previous experience supporting individuals with developmental disabilities highly desired
- Requires exceptional oral communication and organizational skills
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Data Plus, Care Tracker and DODD MSS
- Ability to facilitate a positive team approach
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the eligibility to be insured.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Must possess skills and ability to work with a diverse population and develop positive relationships with individuals, staff, individuals from other organizations and any other persons related to the clients
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in experience
- Must pass criminal background requirements of position
- Must have one to three years of Direct Support Professional is required.
- Supervisory experience required.