Welcome to the Bittersweet Farms employment area. Our organization values development, partnership, respect, safety, and reliability. If these values are similar to your own, we may have the right job opportunity for you! We are looking for motivated, mature individuals who are interested in working in a uniquely challenging--yet extremely rewarding--position. While it may be advantageous, it is not necessary to have direct experience serving individuals with autism. Interested candidates should, however, already possess the work ethic and compassion required for this type of environment. Year-round outdoor and physical activity is an important part of our philosophy. Applicants should be able to lift 50 lbs. and hike up to five miles. We invite you to check our website frequently, as job openings are posted as they become available. To apply for a position, please complete our application for employment.
Direct Support Professionals (All Locations)
We have full-time and part-time positions with flexible schedules on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts available at our Whitehouse, Pemberville, and Middletown locations. Join our participants in their daily activities ranging from vocational and educational training, home care, community activities, recreation, and a wide range of other activities and adventures. These are great opportunities for college students and anyone who wants experience working with individuals with disabilities and for those who want a meaningful position to supplement their income.
Bittersweet offers a $0.40 shift differential for 2nd, 3rd, and weekend shifts. We also offer flexible scheduling and 11 paid holidays.
Read why employees love working at Bittersweet.
Director of Development- Whitehouse, Ohio
We are seeking a full time Director of Development. This position is responsible for managing the Bittersweet, Inc. /Bittersweet Autism Foundation, Inc. fundraising program including the planning, developing, and oversight of the development office. This position is part of the management team, reporting directly to the Executive Director. Responsibilities for the position include:
- Create annual development goals
- Initiate, cultivate, and nurture donors and prospects
- Build and expand individual donors
- Create new opportunities for donors to support Bittersweet, Inc.
- Organize the annual fund campaign
- Increase the corporate donor program
- Have the ability to solicit major gifts
- Have strong writing skills and be able to prepare grant packages
- Work with Bittersweet Autism Foundation board members
- Oversee marketing, including social media, public relations and volunteer program
The right person will need excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, initiative, flexibility, public speaking and supervisory skills to succeed. Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree a plus.
Director of Nursing - Whitehouse, Ohio
We are currently seeking a full time Director of Nursing to oversee our nursing team. The Director of Nursing will manager the health and well being of our ICF residents and day program participants.
Additional responsibilities include:
○ Medication oversight of residents
○ Supervises nursing staff including scheduling to assure resident needs and regulatory and budgetary standards are met
○ Oversight of delegated nursing training for our staff
○ Maintain compliance with all governing regulations for an ICF, including Medicaid and Lucas County Board of DD
○ Collecting and reviewing all Incident Reports, as well as, addressing any medical issues
○ Proactively develop employee relations and recognition programs to include health and wellness and flu shots
○ ADN required; BSN preferred
○ Current Ohio RN license required.
○ Three years experience in nursing administration or a comparable management position.
○ CPR/ AED/ First Aid Certificate
○ Must be flexible to meet nursing coverage and available on an "on call" basis
○ Candidates should have strong critical thinking skills, possess a positive work ethic with patience, compassion, and flexibility required in an environment serving those with developmental disabilities.
Part Time or Per Diem RN/LPN
We are seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse or RN to work days, evenings and every other weekend on a part time or per diem basis. The candidate must have an Ohio LPN license with a minimum of one year of nursing experience with the ability to work independently. Additional hours available through work as a Direct Support Professional.
We are seeking candidates for a part time Recruiting Specialist, working 25 hours per week Monday-Friday. The Recruiting Specialist will coordinate the internal job posting process, conduct outside recruitment of qualified candidates to fill all non-exempt positions, place recruitment ads, conduct phone interviews, and coordinate interviews with hiring managers. The Recruiting Specialist will also conduct background, MVR, and reference checks, lead bi-weekly staffing meetings, and analyze recruitment data to present at each meeting. They will assist in tracking and monitoring performance metrics such as Time to Post, Time to Fill, Hiring Manager satisfaction, etc. and create action plans if needed.
The right person will possess high energy with a sense of urgency in responding to organizational needs. Also, this position requires exceptional interpersonal and phone skills. Qualified candidates must have excellent computer skills, including the use of Word, Excel, Outlook, and prior HRIS experience. A Bachelor's Degree preferably in Human Resources is desired but extensive recruitment experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Day Program Director
We are seeking a full time Day Program Director for Bittersweet Farms located in Whitehouse and Lima, OH. Responsibilities for the position include:
• Oversee all operations in Day Programs and Summer Enrichment Camps to ensure efficient management of all County and State funding systems
• Oversee all Quality Assurance checks and submission of Behavior Support Documentation to the County Board
• Work to support individuals utilizing Employment First
• Oversee Bittersweet Farms product management, culinary programs, and Community Supported Agriculture program
The right person will need a positive, energetic, “can do” attitude as the Day Program Director. Strong organizational, analytical, communication and problem solving skills are needed to succeed. Qualified candidates will possess technical competence in the areas of program development and management, behavioral health care planning and delivery, project design, management and outcome evaluation. Ability to travel between Whitehouse and Lima, OH required. Three to five years of experience working with individuals with autism and/or developmental disabilities required. Master’s Degree preferred, Bachelor’s Degree required.