Welcome to the Bittersweet Farms employment area. Our organization values development, partnership, respect, safety, and reliability. If these values are similar to your own, we may have the right job opportunity for you! We are looking for motivated, mature individuals who are interested in working in a uniquely challenging--yet extremely rewarding--position. While it may be advantageous, it is not necessary to have direct experience serving individuals with autism. Interested candidates should, however, already possess the work ethic and compassion required for this type of environment. Year-round outdoor and physical activity is an important part of our philosophy. Applicants should be able to lift 50 lbs. and hike up to five miles. We invite you to check our website frequently, as job openings are posted as they become available. To apply for a position, please complete our application for employment.
Direct Support Professionals (All Locations)
Bittersweet is seeking employees to work as Direct Support Professionals to help enrich lives and make a difference while providing you with a valuable work experience. Direct Support Professionals teach, mentor and positively impact the lives of individuals with disabilities through skills development in horticulture, culinary activities, janitorial work, our creative art department, and much more!
Come join our participants in their daily activities ranging from vocational and educational training, home care, community activities, recreation, and a wide range of other activities and adventures.
ICF Residential Director–Whitehouse, Ohio
Bittersweet is a world renowned leader in serving individuals with autism. We are seeking a full time ICF Residential Director located in Whitehouse, Ohio. This position is responsible for directing the residential services for the ICF residential funded participants. Responsibilities for the position include:
- Oversight of the entire ICF Residential program.
- Ensure that the services and supports entitled to each participant via their ISP are being provided consistently, effectively, and as prescribed.
- Ensuring Medicaid and licensure standards are met.
- This position provides hands on training, support, feedback and supervision, on the floor and with their respective team.
- Must be flexible to meet programmatic and operational needs.
The right person will need a positive, energetic, “can do” attitude as the ICF Residential Director. Strong organizational, analytical, communication and problem solving skills are needed to succeed. Qualified candidates will possess technical competence in the areas of program development and management, behavioral health care planning and delivery, project design, management and outcome evaluation. Must be flexible to meet the after hour demands of the position, including on-call duties. Three to five years of experience in a supervisory role and working with individuals with autism and/or developmental disabilities required. Master’s Degree preferred, Bachelor’s Degree required.
Oversee all employee relations, employee schedules and human resources functions within the ICF Residential program. Provide back up to the ICF Coordinator in his/her absence. Based upon the individual’s needs, the employee may be required to train during hours which vary from their normal schedule. Also may be required to step in as Direct Support when needed.
- Previous experience supporting individuals with developmental disabilities is highly desired
- Valid Driver's License and the eligibility to be insured
- Requires exceptional oral communication and organizational skills
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Data Plus, Care Tracker and DODD MSS
- Ability to facilitate a positive team approach
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Must possess skills and ability to work with a diverse population and develop positive relationships with individuals, staff, individuals from other organizations and any other persons related to the clients.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in experience
- Must pass criminal background requirements of position
- Supervisory experience required.
Full Time or Part Time RN
Help us redefine what is possible with Autism. Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism in Whitehouse, OH.
Bittersweet is seeking a Full Time or Part Time RN to help enrich lives and make a difference on our nursing team.
Candidates should have strong critical thinking skills, the ability to work independently, and possess a positive work ethic with patience, compassion, and flexibility required in a facility serving those with developmental disabilities. The full time position will require up to 40 hours per week to include a weekend rotation.
Please complete an online application on our website at www.bittersweetfarms.org., fax to 419-875-5593, or call our Recruiting Specialist at (419) 875-6986 x1279 with any questions.