Welcome to the Bittersweet Farms employment area. Our organization values development, partnership, respect, safety, and reliability. If these values are similar to your own, we may have the right job opportunity for you! We are looking for motivated, mature individuals who are interested in working in a uniquely challenging--yet extremely rewarding--position. While it may be advantageous, it is not necessary to have direct experience serving individuals with autism. Interested candidates should, however, already possess the work ethic and compassion required for this type of environment. Year-round outdoor and physical activity is an important part of our philosophy. Applicants should be able to lift 50 lbs. and hike up to five miles. We invite you to check our website frequently, as job openings are posted as they become available. To apply for a position, please complete our application for employment.
Direct Support Professionals (All Locations)
We have full-time and part-time positions with flexible schedules on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts available at our Whitehouse and Pemberville locations. Join our participants in their daily activities ranging from vocational and educational training, home care, community activities, recreation, and a wide range of other activities and adventures. These are great opportunities for college students and anyone who wants experience working with individuals with disabilities and for those who want a meaningful position to supplement their income.
Bittersweet offers a $0.40 shift differential for 2nd, 3rd, and weekend shifts. We also offer flexible scheduling and 11 paid holidays.
Read why employees love working at Bittersweet.
Part Time RN/LPN
Bittersweet Farms is currently seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse or RN to work on a part time or per diem basis.
• Current RN/LPN license for the State of Ohio with a minimum of one year of nursing experience
• Must have the ability to work independently
• Current driver's license
• Ordering, administering and monitoring of resident/participant medications and treatments
• Monitoring of the health status of all residents and taking the appropriate actions to address any medical concerns
• Scheduling, preparing for and following up with resident doctor’s appointments
• Communicating with staff members to provide consistent, quality care to residents
• Additional hours available through work as a Direct Support Professional.